About the Hudson Bonds Program
The Hudson Business Coalition established a Small Business Relief Fund to help Hudson businesses survive in the near-term, and successfully reopen once the coronavirus pandemic subsides. The program is called Hudson Bonds and widespread participation by Hudson businesses is key to our success.
Hudson Bonds are an easy and public-spirited way for everyone who loves Hudson to support our city’s unique and inspired small businesses get through this crisis. They are redeemable bonds that benefit businesses in two distinct ways:
- creation of a Small Business Relief Fund to help businesses make ends meet, and
- encourage local shopping in our Hudson small businesses once it’s safe to reopen
How You Can Help
Success depends on enthusiastic support from Hudson businesses. Here’s two ways you can help.
1. Promote Hudson Bonds!
There’s no shortage of people who love Hudson and would come together to support the survival of our unique small business community. The Hudson Business Coalition has been promoting this initiative through our social media channels, email marketing lists, and through paid online advertising campaigns. But nothing is more effective than spreading the word organically through the Hudson business community. What we need to be successful is for every Hudson business and others to reach out to your customers and friends to promote Hudson Bonds. The best way to do that is to share the website link —hudsonbond.org — through your network and hashtag #hudsonbonds
Click here to go to a Dropbox folder where you can download graphics to use on your social media and emails, as well as posters. You can print the posters yourself or email us at email@example.com if you’d like us to drop-off a poster.
2. Sign-up to accept the Hudson Bond at your business!
Your participation will make a difference in raising money for the Small Business Relief Fund, and once your business reopens it will bring customers into your business to make purchases and you will be reimbursed for the full value of the Bond.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
If you are a business owner who needs to redeem your Bonds:
Submit Hudson Bonds for Reimbursement
Send all Hudson Bonds for payment to:
Hudson Business Coalition
PO Box 800
Hudson NY 12534
Receive Reimbursement Payments
Payment will be remitted by CEDC upon certification by HBC within two weeks by direct bank transfer or check by mail. In order to receive payment, you must complete both of these forms (Form_W9 and HudsonBonds_Reimbursement_Form_FNL) and submit them to CEDC at email@example.com
Grant applications for the first round of $500 grants from our Hudson Bonds emergency relief fund are now open. Please read the following carefully before applying:
Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for eligible businesses. To know if you are eligible, read the criteria just below. Please apply only once.
Does My Business Qualify?
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be based in Hudson, and have been operational before February 2020 and still be operating as of February 2021
- Operate in retail, dining, hospitality or as a cultural institution
- Have been negatively impacted financially by Covid-19
- Make less than $1million in annual sales
- Have 20 or fewer FULL-TIME employees
- Have accepted Hudson Bonds at your business, or commit to participating from now through July, 2021
Anything Else I Need to Know?
- If you are awarded a grant, we ask that you kindly write in to the HBCi and tell us how your business has been adversely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, and how this grant will positively effect your business
- Only one grant will be awarded per-business